Thursday, April 15, 2010

What's the meaning of the name "Rielle"?

I do believe that it can be spelled as "Riele" or "Rielle" (I don't know if they have different meanings). BTW, these are firstnames.

What's the meaning of the name "Rielle"?
A variation of "Ariel"





The boy's and girl's name Ariel \a-riel\ is pronounced AYR-ee-ul. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "lion of God". Biblical place name for Jerusalem. Literary: Shakespeare gave the name to a prankish spirit in "The Tempest". Ariel was also made popular in modern times as the name of the mermaid in Walt Disney's cartoon feature film "The Little Mermaid". Arielle is a recent coinage.


1 comment:

  1. I was wondering the same thing because my name is Riel and I guess that that is a form of those two names. My parents wanted it to be different. Thank you for posting this question, and thank you for answering because I was also courious

    ReplyDelete